When do you plan a lesson...?

When do you plan a lesson...?

Postby Recep Bilican » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I usually use my weekends to plan my lessons as I have enough time in order not to scribble down what comes to my mind and I feel better and free of mind. Firstly, I try to draw a framework of What I'm going to do whole week for each class. Later I focus on the preparations of different plans for different skills. At the end, before I start a new week, I have a series of plans.
I start my lesson plans with my objectives and aims according to the level of students. I try to put forward the skills and the knowledge I want students to learn and put practice. Then I plan different activities to achieve my objectives.

In terms of coursebook usage, it gives me an idea of which steps I should follow. During planning, I use the exercises as fundemental ones on which I put something more from my side. Of course, I read a lot from the teacher's book to search for what to do and how to do.

Planning in detail changes from time to time. When I am much more motivated, I write everything what I have in my mind. At those times, as I feel well, I think, my brain works better and more original ideas come to my mind and I need to note down every single word. But sometimes I just write the general instructions and the order of activities.
Recep Bilican

Return to Unit 2 - Discussion topic