UNIT 2 TASK

UNIT 2 TASK

Postby Mercè Figuerola » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:53 pm

1) I would say that my planning style is most like Deniz's because I like to give my students a sense of a regular routine. As I see it, I want my students to know what they are going to deal in the session, especially when you deal with 17 year old pupils.

2) When planning a unit of work I think there should be cohesion with the activities that are introduced to give the students a logical sequence of the topics that will be worked. That doesn'm mean that we can't include variety with the activities planned. My impression is that if the students know what they will do in the class, it'll be easier for the class to flow.

3) I try to plan the three lessons of the week so as to have a sequence of the different activities. When one lesson is finished I revise it and plan it again. I usually combine the coursebook with other resources such as videos or other written exercises.

4) My advice is not to plan a scheme of work for a long period of time, it's better to plan it for not many lessons and thus, we have the chance to revise it and modify it if the students don't fit in it.
Mercè Figuerola

Return to Unit 2 - Discussion topic