Unit 2 – Planning a Unit of Work

Unit 2 – Planning a Unit of Work

Postby Elmira » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 am

Unit 2 –Planning a unit of work.
8. Discussion topic.
Every teacher has different methodology of teaching and different planning style, I think. Before that I worked with children, students and adults in the educational centres, so I had to find different approaches. I planned one lesson at a time and planned in great detail, preparing additional materials and revision tasks. I like starting with a general idea of what will "fit", so I usually start with some kind of chat and asking questions around it. I pay more attention to the grammar, spend too much time for explaining it and use the coursebook a lot, which I don`t like myself. Now I work only with adults. And I want to learn, I want to change my lesson planning. I start paying attention to speaking and listening activities more. In this unit I liked Erika's plan of work. Here you can see the most important qualities in planning a unit of work, in my opinion:
1. logic
2. relevance
3. variety
4. balance
5. cohesion
6. flow
Elmira

Re: Unit 2 – Planning a Unit of Work

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for your interesting post Elmira. I think it is a good idea to pay more attention to speaking and listening - grammar exercises and reading students can do at home, alone. The class situation is perfect for speaking, and this is the skill that most students really want to learn.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Unit 2 - Discussion topic