Horror Films

Horror Films

Postby alvaro velasco » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:03 am

Hi everyone!!
I quite enjoy watching horror movies. I had different periods in my life when I enjoy them, but in some other periods I really hated them. it depends on what's been going on my life, all related to my different looks and also depending on the trends that I had been following.
whenever I enjoy this amazing genre could be because I get some thrills that I can't get out of another stuff. I even had some time when I was a sort of goth therefore I used to love to watch very dark and sinister movies. another sub-genre is the gore movies which are this type of movies where it's full of blood, guts and flesh-eating creatures such as the Toxic Avenger saga and the Evil Possession saga.
it all started when I was a child and watched The Exorcist at my neighbour's house without my parents permit obviously since I was just around 13 years old, we began a little tradition, we decided to watch one or two horror movie every weekend, so we end up running out of movies in few months, then we had to wait for new releases so that we could watch something new rather than the same old movies.
Anyway, after watching some good and some other not so good horror movies, my favourite horror film of all time is 28 Days later Director's cut where the zombies sub-genre is taken to a different level. The whole idea of getting the entire world taken by zombies became very believable after the release of Danny Boyle's movie.
my favourite actor, or at least the one which I think did a remarkable work, is Jack Nicholson, specially because of his role in The Shinning.
We are fascinated by horror films because they explore our deepest fears. We always want to learn more, we are curious by nature.
the reason why the film industry keep remaking them, probably answer to marketing goals. I mean, whatever worked so well in the past, after some touch-up updates, it will also have to work quite well now.

The first lines of
"We Have Always Lived in the Castle": “My name is Mary Katherine Blackwood. I am eighteen years old, and I live with my sister Constance. I have often thought that with any luck at all, I could have been born a werewolf.
"It": The terror, which would not end for another twenty-eight years – if it ever did end – began, so far as I know or can tell, with a boat made from a sheet of newspaper floating down a gutter swollen with rain.
"The Call of Cthulhu and other weird stories": The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
alvaro velasco

Return to Unit 4