Easter Island, should I go?

Easter Island, should I go?

Postby Patricia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:25 am

I don’t have special interest to visit Eater Island. I find quite scaring those Moai, like many others figures or paintings called “sacred”. The hieratic and severe expressions of their faces, the rigid posture of their bodies makes me feel like my chest was shrinking! I know there are amazing beaches there, interesting culture bites of the Rapa Nui and Polynesian inhabitants and a volcanic landscape which could be worth it to see. But after doing the Rapa Nui lesson, it would be impossible to forget how it looked before the deforestation.

However, and taking this fact into account, it seems to be a perfect destination for a graduation trip, travelling there with a group of excited teenagers, full of an effervescent imagination, and introducing them to this reality: “Look at this, guys, the landscape of your future in a coolest version (after all, pacific beaches and volcanoes aren’t everywhere)”. Sure we would be able to write a best seller solution’s book for the Earth in our return journey.

Anyway, I am very conscious that this it’s just a particular opinion. For finding a good reasons to go there just read articles in Google, sure they will convince you!
Patricia

Re: Easter Island, should I go?

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Patricia, thanks for your comments! I think the ecosystem of the Easter Islands is very fragile - I'm not sure it is the right place for groups of excited teenagers! :)
See you again soon,
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Unit 8