About where you live

About where you live

Postby Manuela » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Where do you live?
I live in Seville, south of Spain. A big city with a lot of history. Our ancestors already come from the Romans, Arabs, as well as great writers, painters, etc. The old town of my city is the largest in Spain, and one of the three largest in Europe along with that of Venice and Genoa. Among its most representative monuments are the cathedral (which includes the Giralda), the Alcazar, the Archivo de Indias and the Torre del Oro, of which the first three have been declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco jointly in 1987 A city that has a special color.

What type of building do you live in?
I live in a house in the countryside. My house is spacious and on one level. It has a ceramic tile roof, and the facade is painted yellow earth. I have a large garden with lawn and some fruit tree. I also have a pool to cool off the very hot summer days and a small pond with turtles. For my family and visits there is a small guest house.

Is this a typical type of building in your city or country?
My house is usual in the outskirts of the city. But in Seville you can find buildings of no more than twelve floors or fifteen, historic buildings of no more than three heights, single-family houses on two floors. Each type of building is different depending on the neighborhood or district in which you are.

Do you like living there? Why? Why not?
I love living where I live. I have space, tranquility, near nature, clean air, and I am ten minutes from the city. In winter I can enjoy the rain, the sunny afternoons when it is clear, the cozy warmth of the fireplace. in the summer of the barbecues with friends in the pool that last until late at night, the fresh grass under the bare feet. Although maintaining the house is a lot of work, reward those moments that I described earlier.

Have you changed anything since you've lived there, or are you planning to change anything?
Before living we made renovations in the kitchen and expanded my bedroom to have a dressing room. Since we moved, we have renovated the guest house, and built a garage, storage room and gym. In the future I would like to remodel the old playground that was in the house and make a chill out corner, for summer evenings, although during the day we may be at 45 degrees or more, at night in the field refreshes. And a couple of times a year I redecorate some type of furniture.
Manuela

Return to Unit 4