DECORATION ON PLANES

DECORATION ON PLANES

Postby HERMINIA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 pm

As far as I know, the airlines in my country not "decorate" their planes in a special way, they only put their logos and trade name, so as people could identificate them.
Last year, I saw and even I coud take a photograph, of a very odd plane. It was from a russian airline, S7, and we could consider it really decorated. It was all painted in a bright pistachio green colour. The silouette of some passengers carrying their luggage was drawn on one side, in a dark green. The trade name, S7, was in red coluor. This plane is known between the people keen on plain decoration as "THE LITTLE SHOES PLANE". I don't know why!
HERMINIA

Re: DECORATION ON PLANES

Postby Rena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:41 am

As I know, my country does not decorate its official airline company's planes: they look quiet elegant and descreet: the dominating colors are white and dark blue, and of course the colors of the Hungarian flag are represented too.
Surfing on Internet I saw that the American low-cost airlines company Southwest has some very originally decorated planes. Some represent the American flag, it is less creative, but those that represent a killer whale, an eagle, or a bear I consider amazing. Even I discovered one, wich represents the Hawaiian culture. In fact the planes always attract attention, and it works even more by all the paintings, decoration they have.
Rena

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Rena wrote:
> As I know, my country does not decorate its official airline company's
> planes: they look quiet elegant and descreet: the dominating colors are
> white and dark blue, and of course the colors of the Hungarian flag are
> represented too.
> Surfing on Internet I saw that the American low-cost airlines company
> Southwest has some very originally decorated planes. Some represent the
> American flag, it is less creative, but those that represent a killer
> whale, an eagle, or a bear I consider amazing. Even I discovered one, wich
> represents the Hawaiian culture. In fact the planes always attract
> attention, and it works even more by all the paintings, decoration they
> have.
Hi Rena, thanks for writing to the Forum. I never noticed the Southwest planes, they do sound amazing. I imagine it is not cheap to paint a plane, so it is no wonder that most airlines keep the decoration to a minimum!
Take care,
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Postby beñat lafraya » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:49 am

As far I remember no Spanish airline’s aircraft has been fully decorated last years but I’m pretty sure that celebrating such exceptional events as Olimpic Games in Barcelona or World Expo in Sevilla, in 1992, those marketing strategies were carried out.

Surfing in the Internet I’ve found out an amazing and funny example: an ANA’s aircraft fully redecorated with a Pokemon tv serie scene. ANA stands for All Nippon Airways and Pokemon is a media franchise owned by Japanese video games company Nintendo. At the beginning, in 1998, two aircrafts were painted promoting the release of Pokemon: the movie. Due to great success of this marketing experience, within last 13 years, five more aircrafts have been featured with Pokemon characters. Aircraft’s new decorations represent smiling characters of Japanese franchise jumping over the flowers and green fields and surrounded under a very blue sky. Picachu, mascot of the Pokemon franchise, usually occupies the big aircraft’ tails.
beñat lafraya

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 am

Hi Beñat, sure it's not a bad idea, to use the national airline to advertise the country. But it doesn't happen very often, I think..
See you,
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Unit 8