avela

avela

Postby avela » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Home, sweet home

I live in a tree rooms rented flat, in a coast village, not so far from Barcelona.
My apartment is in the first of two storeys of a nice house.

The house was build around 1900 and has the typical features of this kind of houses in Catalonia: high-rise beamed ceiling, decorated on pattern ceramic floor, wooden framed windows and doors with brass handles.

It has a very big studio with two balconies staring a quiet street, two inner rooms well iluminated and ventilated by a "celobert" (little inner patio)*, and a living-room with a big porched terrace stared to a garden in front of the sea.

When we start living there, we set on a new bathroom and we are going to reformate the kitchen, which is too old.

Me and my family we like very much to live there because we really feel it’s our home. Of course, we are trying to buy it.

--------
Celobert: It’s not really a patio because of its small size but is something more than a light well. The dictionay describes it as an “Area located within a building or between buildings, which ventilate the rooms while giving them immediate light. Eventually they may be covered with translucent materials.”
avela

Return to General