Using the internet

Using the internet

Postby mllufriu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Well, I don't belong to a listserv, but I use the internet to find texts, material and ideas. Whenever I find a useful site, I recommend it to my students for further practice, or just for fun. I often ask them to use the internet to look for information about a particular topic to be discussed in class. I don't use e-mail with my students yet, although I am sure that I'll be using it very soon, for practical and ecological reasons: Why ask them to print compositions if they can send them to me and receive the corrections via e-mail? Anyway, I sometimes have the feeling that technology is changing things too fast. It is hard to keep up with all these changes and use them in a right, balanced, way. I want to exploit the possibilities of technology and the internet but on the other hand I believe in interaction and communication as essential in language learning... The old-fashioned dealing with people face to face.
mllufriu

Re: Using the internet

Postby Sace » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 am

[quote]Well, I don't belong to a listserv, but I use the internet to find texts, material and ideas. Whenever I find a useful site, I recommend it to my students for further practice, or just for fun. I often ask them to use the internet to look for information about a particular topic to be discussed in class. I don't use e-mail with my students yet, although I am sure that I'll be using it very soon, for practical and ecological reasons: Why ask them to print compositions if they can send them to me and receive the corrections via e-mail? Anyway, I sometimes have the feeling that technology is changing things too fast. It is hard to keep up with all these changes and use them in a right, balanced, way. I want to exploit the possibilities of technology and the internet but on the other hand I believe in interaction and communication as essential in language learning... The old-fashioned dealing with people face to face.[/quote]
интересно )))
Sace

Return to Unit 9 - Discussion topic