Genealogy

Genealogy

Postby Maria Cabezas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:09 am

Well my family name is Cabezas. I didn’t know where it comes from. I’m from Lleida (in Catalonia) and my grandmother was from Córdoba is the only thing that I know about my family name but in internet I find lots of things about it .

In interned says that the name comes from León also in Spain.

I found a lot of cities and villages with the name of Cabezas: one is near Sevilla in Spain, it seems that it is a lovely city; another in Segovia, a village in Huelva.

I found that there are a lot of men called Cabezas; one is the son of a basket player from Uruguay, other is also a basket player from León (in Spain); one is a teacher from Madrid. A man called Cabezas is a writer.

I couldn’t imagine there were such a quantity of people or places with this name.

But the thing that surprises me is that there is a foundation that was founded to investigate the crime of a man called Cabezas.
Maria Cabezas

Family Name

Postby Merce Garriz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm

My family name is Garriz. I was born in Barcelona, but my father's family comes from the north of Spain, from an area named Navarra. So this family name is from Navarra. I don't kow exactly what it means, but most probably it comes from the basc lenguage and it seems that it is near to somthing similar to "corner".

There are few persons with this family name, apart from my own family. And only two or three in Barcelona. I have never meet them so I don't know who they are.
Merce Garriz

Return to General