The most remote place I have been to

The most remote place I have been to

Postby Davidcc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 am

Hello everyone,

I have thought a while about the most remote place that I have ever been to, and I don't think I have been to any really remote place, I've been to far away places and also to spots difficult to reach, but almost always there was someone there, or signs that people were there recently.

I felt like being in a remote place in Kerak castle in Jordan, I was there with a friend and a couple of french girls that we met in a hostel in Amman. We had a rental car and got there by our own, so we were alone the four of us in that old crusaders castle in the middle of the desert.

The most remote place I've been to could also be Livingston, Guatemala, I was traveling around central america and decide to go to visit that Garifuna comunity by the caribbean sea, but I went there from a town which I don't remeber the name by the lake Izabal, so I had to take a boat from there to Rio Dulce, were the lake connects to Biotopo Chocon Machacas, which is a natural reserve of mainly mangrove swamp, from there I took a regular line of boats that took me across the mangrove swamp to Livingston, that felt like going to really remote place because the only way to get there is by boat, but there are a couple of sea ports closer than Rio Dulce and that make Livingston accessible by the sea without crossing the swamps.
Davidcc

Re: The most remote place I have been to

Postby tutor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Davidcc,

Thanks for posting about the most remote places you've visited. They sound really interesting - do you travel a lot?
Best wishes,
Lucy.
tutor

Re: The most remote place I have been to

Postby davidcc » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello Lucy,

They were indeed very interesting and beutiful palces.
I've travelled some, but I don't travel that much now, in fact I haven't left Spain since 2009 when I went to Morocco. But travelling is one of the things that I most enjoy in life, so I guess that as soon as I'd have the chance I'll be on the road again.

Regards,
David
davidcc

Return to Unit 8