My opinion about Net Addiction

My opinion about Net Addiction

Postby Marti » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:00 am

I agree with the point of view of estherm about the topic.
We have a lot of time to spend and a lot of resources available. I can't figure out the exact process, but maybe, centuries before, people had to fight for surviving and you had to center your efforts and energies in surviving. This maybe buried personal and psychological issues. But of course, this is an issue for the scholars in the subject to discuss about.
What we search in addiction is to fulfill what lacks in our lives, or what we think that lacks. The Net, watching TV or any other kind of addiction gives us the constant stimuli that the mind needs in order to feel well. But this is a hungry child that never stops asking for more. A wrong point of view, I think. In any way, we must search satisfaction inside ourselves, no to be constantly shot by external processes.
Of course, I use a computer, and is one of my favourite ways of get fun, and learning, watch pictures and stay in contact with known and unknown friends, and of couse a working tool, but, fortunately, is not an obsession so I like to read books and go biking and more ways to get fun and learn and contact with people.
Marti

Re: My opinion about Net Addiction

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

That sounds perfect Marti. Balance is everything. Some people live exclusively through their computers, and then it does become a problem.
See you!
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jessica Davis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:34 pm

i also agree with what you say
Jessica Davis

Postby Oriol » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi,

I think that a person is addicted to the Internet when he or she is so much time connected that his or her normal life (job, studies, relationships, etc) begins to be negatively affected.

And I also think that society don't give enough importance to this real problem, because today it's not considered an addiction by health authorities, perhaps because it's a very new habit, although it's evident that a lot of people spend too much time connected. Nowadays, it's a habit or a hobby more o less accepted by society, but I think it may be dangerous, specially for kids and teenagers, because they are more vulnerable.

Have a nice weekend!
Oriol

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 am

Hi Oriol, net addiction is not recognised by health authorities? That surprises me..
See you,
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Unit 6