About where you live

About where you live

Postby Pep » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I live in Barcelona, in a flat building. It is constructed with bricks and with terraces where people can plant few kinds of vegetables. The terraces are not so big, but their scheme is very good and allows doing so.
The building where I life is not a typical building in my town. Just because it is made of bricks, and the bricks are not covered by any kind of facing or painting. Otherwise, the design of the flats is made to achieve sun and natural light to every living-room and to every bedroom. So the only parts of the flats that have interior ventilation are the bathrooms.
I like living here because I can enjoy a good construction quality in a great city.
Pep

Re: About where you live

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks for the ddescription of your building. It sounds very rational - is it a new building? Many of the old buildings in the city have very little light...
Can I help?
in a flat building. = In a block of flats.
It is constructed with bricks and with terraces= .. and it has terraces (It's constructed with terraacces is not possible)
and allows doing so.= This is not complete - allows doing what? It allows people to have gardens?
where I life= ..where I live..
is made to achieve sun and natural light to every living-room= The design of the flats allows light to reach every room... Or: Because of the design, there is sunlight in every room.
See you soon Pep!
Pieter
Admin
Site Admin

Re: About where you live

Postby Angela Herrera » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 pm

I live in Bogotá, Colombia, I live in a flat, this is a common type of building in my city, I like living here because its location and the neighborhood,I don't like living here because I would like to live in a cottage, it could be more spacious, with a garden, etc.
Since I live here I have changed the bathrooms, the paint and my bedroom, Im not planning to change anything else soon.
Angela Herrera

Return to Unit 4