I live in Asia.Where do you live ?

I live in Asia.Where do you live ?

Postby u145 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Q1)Where do you live?
Answer 1)I live in Ladkrabang where is a part of Bangkok. Here has a combination of rural lifestyle – having rice fields, coconut groves, and riverside houses – and urban lifestyles such as traffic jams in rush hour, many buildings, and the biggest airport in Thailand. On the deck evening, I always see the airplane low flying. I have rented the room in the building near my workplace and have stayed here for more than 10 years or so.
Q2)Is this a typical type of building in your city or country?
Answer 2)No, it isn’t. The typical type of building in my country is called “Ruean Thai”. It usually features a bamboo or wooden structure, raised on stilts, and topped with a steep gabled roof. The high gable roof which in its center has a shape like the halo of the sun is the most outstanding structure, where there is a space for cooking smoke to flow out. The long overhanging eaves can protect from sun or rain. The wide terrace outside the house is suitable for summer use. In addition, a more important structure is the high open space under the house which is supported by many poles. This space is the area for the storage of tools or agricultural equipment, parking, eating meals, and other activities.
Q3)Do you like living there? Why? Why not?
Answer3)Yes, I like living there. I grew up in a house like this. It was built among the natural environment – the tall trees, wind blow slowly, peaceful atmosphere. That's the benefit of charging batteries of my life to work every morning.
Q4)Have you changed anything since you've lived there, or are you planning to change anything?
Answer 4)No. I have changed anything yet. But I am looking to buy a new single house and hope to get it as soon as possible.
u145

Return to Unit 4